“Fine Arts is the study & making of visual works of art. It can be in the form of dancing, paintings, photography, film, architecture, etc.”
A fine art is a fine collection of art that is done to create beautiful things.
What Does Fine Art Include?
The main fine arts were film, dancing, painting, photography, architecture, pottery, conceptual art, sculpture, music, printmaking, interior design and drama.
It teaches and prepares students to become artists and to follow other practices that are associated with the making of art.
It is undergraduate degree course, which deals with the study of visual and performing arts. This degree educates the students to become artists and to follow other practices that are aligned to the making of art. A Bachelor of Fine Arts degree will often require an area of specialty such as acting, musical theater, ceramics, computer animation, creative writing, dance, dramatic writing, drawing, fiber, film production, visual effects, animation, graphic design, illustration, industrial design, visual arts, technical arts, interior design, metalworking, music, new media, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture, stage management, or television production.
Fine Arts graduates can avail a career options in various fields such as art studios, advertising companies, publishing houses, product design, manufacturing department, magazines, television, graphic arts, teaching, files & theater productions and many more which is belong arts department.
Although today people have woken up to the concept of arts and its importance but we are still far away from how it is in the other parts of the world. Although with its acceptance, this conventional art form has brought with itself the notion of in-cashing the opportunities and making it profitable for commercial purposes. There has been increase in this industry over the past few years, and today’s youth has started opting for the field on realizing the popularity, esteem and the kind of pay packages involved.
BFA course focuses on design studies like critical thinking, project development, community engagement and collaboration. Students will learn to translate concepts into individual expression by using drawing, color, form, space, structure, and composition and by developing a solid understanding of tools and media. Above all, they will learn to cultivate the intellectual, conceptual, and critical skills required to successfully launch their careers in today’s highly demanding graphics and communication design industry and emerging new media based interactive design setups, apart from advertising and brand management agencies. A BFA Student can make his career with the best salary and get the job in Good companies.
Some of the courses which are presently being offered in India in Fine Arts include
- International program in Visual Arts
- Diploma program in Painting, Textile Design and Photography
- Advanced Diploma in fashion design
- Diploma and Certificate Course in Computer Graphics
- Bachelors in Fine Arts
One can also specialize in any one of the following courses
- Painting and drawing
- Printmaking and imaging
- Conceptual Art
- The drawing made by you should be realistic in the visitor’s eyes.
- You have to be full of art materials & how to proper use of them.
- The presentation & displaying of your work should be in a proper manner and accurate.
- You must possess creativity
- The techniques used with colours and color theory.
- The communication & interpersonal skills are required to be present within you.
- You have to be knowledge of all digital media used with some latest technologies.
Some Institutes/Colleges offering Course
- College of Art, Delhi University, BFA (4 Years) ( Painting, Applied Art, Print Making, Art History, Visual Communicaion and MFA Admission through Entrance Test
- Sir J.J.School of Art,Mumbai Offers BFA Painting, BFA Textile Design BFA Interior Decoration, BFA Sculpture, BFA Metal Work, BFA Ceramics
- Sir J.J.Institute of Applied Art, Mumbai Offers BFA Applied Art
- Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi. Offers BFA and MFA
- Government Chitrakala Mahavidyalaya, Nagpur Offers BFA Applied Art, BFA Painting
- Government School of Art, Aurangabad Offers BFA Applied Art, BFA Painting, BFA Textile Design
- Rachana Sansad College Of Applied Art & Craft, Mumbai Offers BFA Applied Art
- Padmashree D. Y. Patil College Of Applied Art & Craft, Pune Offers BFA Applied Art
- Bharati Vidyapeeth College Of Fine Arts,Pune offers BFA Applied Art
- Kala Bhavan, Visva Bharati, Shantiniketan, West Bengal, BFA, MFA and other courses.
- Faculty of Fine arts, MS university Baroda, BFA, MFA and other courses.
- Faculty of Fine Art, BHU, Varanasi, BFA (4 Years) admission through Entrance Test, MFA and other courses.
- Punjab University, Chandigarh, BFA (4 Years), other courses.
- Nagpur University, Nagpur
- University of Jammu, Jammu
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, BFA (4 Years) admission through Entrance Test, MFA and other courses are also offered.
- Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
- Goa College of art, Panaji, Goa, Admission through entrance test.
- Banasthali Vidyapith, Rajasthan, Admission through entrance.
- University of Bombay, Fort Mumbai, BFA (5 years), admission through Entrance Test
- Dr. B R Ambedkar, Marathwada University, Aurangabad
- Govt College of Art & Craft, Chennai
- College of Fine Art, Bangalore
- College of Fine Art, Trivandrum
- University of Mysore, Mysore
Jobs after Fine Arts
- Art therapist
- Multimedia programmer
- Drawing Teacher
- Set Designer
- Production Artist
- Music Teacher
- Creative Director
- Furniture Designer
- Art Director
- 3d Artist