Fashion designing is an interesting and creative career option where you can show your eye for detail. Plus, it is glamorous too. But will just love for designing clothes help you in becoming a good fashion designer? Fashion designing industry has become highly competitive today. If you want to pursue a career in this industry, you will have to work harder and develop several skills.
A degree in fashion design is the most obvious and convenient study option in order to become a fashion designer. In addition, visual arts and general design or graphic design degrees will provide the required skills that will help you excel in the fashion industry.
A fashion designer is someone who loves to study fashion trends, sketch designs, select materials, and have a part in all the production aspects of their designs. They contribute to the creation of millions, if not billions of pieces of clothing and accessories purchased by consumers on a yearly basis. Fashion designers create women’s, men’s and children’s apparel.
Some Institutes/Colleges offering Course
- National Institute of Fashion Technology
- National Institute of Design
- Symbiosis Institute of Design
- Amity School of Fashion Technology
- MIT Institute of Design
- Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology
- Pearl Academy and many more…
Jobs after Fashion Designing
- Export houses dealing with garment/textile/handloom exports
- Retail and wholesale garment businesses in men‘s/women‘s/children clothing in sportswear/casual wear, etc.
- Haute Couture
- Government/Semi government-handloom/textile manufacturers
- Fashion show organizers/Fashion publishers
- TV/Film fashion program producers/comperes/costume designers, etc.
- With Film production units
- Teaching design