CA or Chartered Accountancy is one of the most reputed designations across world. It takes immense of hard work and focus to be a qualified CA. The Chartered Accountancy Course and Profession in India is regulated by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), New Delhi.
Why sit counting somebody’s money when you can make stockpiles of money on your own by doing your Family Business? Why not make money just by doing a MBA course by taking up a job in some company or at a Stock Broking Firm or at a Bank or by doing a programming course and joining a lucrative Software Firm? Why invest Four and half years of your life just learning accounting when you can get a job straight away by becoming a MBA and that too completing the degree in just two years? Why become a Chartered Accountant?
These are just some of the questions that remain unanswered in the mind of a student who has just passed his 12th examinations and then he opts the easy, faster and best way out. Young minds now a day just want the faster way out, for being wealthy in a short time is the ultimate definition of success today. A chartered accountant deals with in a wide arena of topics like business accounting, auditing, company law, taxation, Foreign Exchange management, Inventory and Working Capital Management just to mention a few.
Institutes/Colleges offering Course
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
Jobs after CA
- Audit & Consulting (Either as a practising CA or with a CA firm)
- Finance & Accounts of Corporates
- Corporate Finance – Capital structuring, Treasury, MIS etc
- Finance and Strategy – Assisting CFOs / CEOs in overall strategy by giving Business Intelligence.
- Financial Management / Management Consultancy.
- Project Finance
- Debt syndication
- Cost Accounting/Reporting.
- Working on the other side of the table with Banks (From SBI to Stan C)
- Investment Banking- Back office and Front office
- Private Equity / VC
- Asset Management specialising in an asset class like equity, bonds, derivatives, commodities, real estate etc.
- Information Systems functional consultancy.
- Due Diligence/ Compliance Audit
- Stock Audit/ Verification
- Tax Advisory services
- Accounting assignment
- Forensic Audit assignment
Apart from above major corporates/ companies recruit through campus interview for their requirements.
In addition, wide opportunity abroad particularly Gulf countries are in need of CAs for their oil exploration, shipping companies etc.