You really want your dream job. But are you struggling to distinguish yourself from your peers?
Increasingly, the job market is becoming saturated with qualified individuals, and the best way to establish your competence is through courses and certifications over and above your degree coursework. Not only does it demonstrate your dedication and commitment, it propels you a step ahead of your competitors in terms of skills and opens a multitude of opportunities for you.
Finance courses predominantly require mastery of subjects like statistics and mathematics with an ever-aware analytical brain. focuses on the holistic development of students with a balance of theoretical learning and its practical application. Being a core finance course, it exposes you to all important concepts from financial management to derivatives, from statistics to economics which are base for going forward and making a career in this field. It gives you an opportunity to understand and being exposed to world of finance from first year itself.
A career in finance and accountancy is one of the prime objectives of commerce students. The students learn about business studies, economics in commerce stream, however, accountancy is the core of this stream. Moreover, a career in Accountancy and Finance is not limited to commerce students only, it can also be pursued by students Science, Arts stream students, who have interest in finance and accounts. The students need to develop their fundamental knowledge for pursuing a degree in Accountancy and Finance.
The need for specialization and employability have led to a leapfrogging demand for finance courses in India after 12th, graduation and MBA. These courses provide specialization and the necessary skills and expertise required for various financial work roles in an organization.
Finance is at the core of any given organization. No firm can embrace success unless it has this aspect of business well managed and thereby arises the need to have finance professionals who have sound knowledge of capital markets, corporate finance management, wealth management, etc.
There are several courses in Finance, Banking and Insurance which a 12th pass student can take. Now a days Colleges and Universities have specialized courses in Finance, Banking and Insurance which focuses on core fields of finance and gives specialization degree to students.
Some Top Finance Courses
- Chartered Accountancy (CA)
- Company Secretary (CS)
- Accounting Technician Course (ATC)
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- Certified Public Accountant Certification (CPA)
- Certified Financial Planner
- NSE Certification
- FRM Certification
- Insurance Institute of India
- Chartered Alternate Investment Analyst
- BBA in Banking & Finance
Some Institutes/Colleges offering Course
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- National Stock Exchange
- Institute of Actuaries of India
- Insurance Institute of India
- Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata
- St. Stephen’s College, New Delhi
- St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
- St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata
- Hansraj College, New Delhi
- Hindu College, New Delhi
- Lady Shri Ram College For Women, New Delhi
- Shri Ram College of Commerce, New Delhi
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
- Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies(SSCBS), New Delhi
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Christ University, Bengaluru
- Symbiosis University, Pune and many more…
Jobs after Finance
- Financial Managers or Financial Analysts
- Treasurers and Finance Officers
- Investment Bankers
- Accounting Managers
- Cash Managers
- Investment Banking Associates
- Corporate Controllers
- Risk and Insurance Managers
- Investment Sales Associates and Traders
- Financial Officers
- Management Consultants
- Credit Managers and Specialists