B.El.Ed. stands for Bachelor of Elementary Education. . It is a 4 year integrated professional degree programme of elementary teacher education. The first 3 years are a combination of theory and practical courses and 4th year includes a direct experience of school functioning, teaching practice and reflection. It is a Bilingual Programme being available in English and Hindi. The programme is an attempt towards fulfilling the need for professionally qualified elementary school teachers. B.El.Ed. is designed to integrate the study of subject knowledge, human development, pedagogical knowledge and communication skills. Both professional and academic options are available to students who graduate with a B.El.Ed. degree. Norms and Standards of the B.El.Ed. Programme have formal approval of the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE). The B.El.Ed. programme offers an opportunity for students to interact and learn from scholars and faculty from diverse disciplines of education, psychology, linguistics, social sciences, biological and natural science, mathematical sciences and the languages.
This course has been designed to instil teaching skills in 10+2 passed students. The course develops 10+2 passed students into skilled and knowledgeable teachers (elementary level). In short, this course caters to the elementary level teachers’ work force in India. B.El.Ed. is a job oriented course too! This qualification can help you get government as well as private sector jobs in India!
Some Institutes/Colleges offering Course
- Delhi University
- Amity University, Noida
- K.R Mangalam University, Gurugram
Job after B.EL.ED
- Teaching in Government Schools (Upto Class VIII), including at MCD/NDMC/Sarvodaya Vidyalayas, Kendriya Vidyalayas and Navodaya Vidyalayas all across India and Private Schools.
- Leading the elementary school systems in various capacities.
- Teaching and research in elementary education in the government and non-government sectors
- Post-graduate courses including M.El.Ed., Mphil, LLB, etc.
- Content Creation at Publishing Companies
- Eligible for all SSC and UPSC exams for General Degree holders.
- Eligible for teaching positions at Army / Air Force Schools across India
- Career Counsellor
- Teaching in Tuition Classes